Originally Answered: I've had a yeast infection for almost a month!
Changes in your period, cramps and a chronic yeast infection are all tell tale signs of a deeper Candida overgrowth going on.
These are my suggestions to deal with the yeast infection once and for all:
There are many things you need to start doing and addressing if you are suffering from a yeast infection. To start, do the following:
1. Wear loose clothing and undergarments, oxygen kills yeast, going commando and wearing nothing down there if possible is even better.
2. Get some unsweetened yogurt and rub it onto a tampon, insert the tampon and do this continually until the yeast infection is gone.
3. Cut out any and all sugar, alcohol and yeast from your diet. All three will promote the infection further.
4. Start drinking cranberry juice, pure not from concentrate with no added sugar, I know this goes against the no sugar thing but the acid content in the cranberries will alter the PH balance of your vagina and cause the yeast to die off.
5. If you can tolerate it, use a raw garlic clove and apply it to the infection, this may burn so dilute it with some olive or coconut oil, both of which can also help eliminate the yeast, especially the coconut.
6. Lastly if all else fails, begin adding 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to a bath. Only fill the tub up high enough to submerge your genital area. Stay in the tub for 20-30 minutes at a time.
Hope this helps, the yogurt is the key really, by putting good bacteria directly on the area you will eliminate it quickly. Make sure it is unsweetened and ideally keep an eye out for a variation called Kefir which has even more beneficial bacteria in it to snuff out the infection.
When all is said and done I would suggest you research Candida and take a test to determine if you are suffering from it, as anyone who gets yeast infections has Candida, it's just a matter of how bad it is.