Originally Answered: I'm sooooo scared of my weight! im so fat!?
Okay, you have been through the route of the bad stuff already, and you need some help now. That is a good thing, because I can tell you WHY you have been gaining weight all this time!
(1) Using diet pills cause permanent weight gain. Why? Most contain caffine in it to try to raise your metabolism. BUT as a side effect, the caffine causes other proplems with your muscle fat and causes you to gain and store the wrong kind of fat around your muscles. So the second you stop doing a diet, boing, your weight goes up.
(2) Yo-yo dieting causes tremendous weight gain. Just as in the case of caffine, when you go on a starvation type diet, your body says "alert! alert!" and begins to store stuff as the more permanent type of body fat. As soon as you eat normally again, boing!, the weight goes back up as your body stores food for the next starvation period!
(3) You are working out heavily. This is great! BUT you probably saw your weight increasing as you worked out and then started going on diets again! What happens when you work out heavily is that you build new muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat, so it appears on the scale that you are gaining weight! You were losing fat and gaining muscle! BUT as soon as you went on the diet, the trend reversed, and you gained permanent fat and lost some muscle!
(4) STRESS is getting to you about everything related to this. This is ALSO causing you to gain weight! Stress produces natural hormones in the body that interact with your muscles, and from the results of working out, instead of producing the necessary nerve sheathing for your nerves around your muscles, that production is blocked and instead gets stored as the more permanent type of fat around the muscles!
Okay, so now we know that everything you have been doing so far is the cause of you gaining weight! Yay! Great! What's next?
Next is some stuff to help begin to get the weight off...
(1) You need some deep meditative time for yourself every day to release stress. Take up a martial art, meditate in a garden, read books, play video games, slam dance, toss rocks, swim, run, punch a bag, whatever gets your stress from life released from you. Pack away all your mirrors and get rid of your scales. You dont need to look at a scale more than once a month to check on your overall weight loss! Any more than that and you are kidding yourself! A daily weight check is too much stress! And stop the suicidal thoughts too! Imagine a newer you!
(2) Get the Beach Body workout program and the Atkins diet book. The Beach Body workout program is essential because of two things. (a) It has a body shaping guide to help you get your body into shape regardless of what shape you are currently in. It will sculpt both an exercise regime AND a general diet plan for you to follow. (b) It has charts in there that tell you how much you need to eat each day so that your body does NOT go into starvation mode! It only cuts down slightly on what you eat for the day, not heavily. And I say to use the Atkins diet book because the food suggested in the Beach Body workout program is exactly the same foods described in the Atkins diet. You use the Atkins diet book and/or Atkins food in the stores to make up your meal plans and meals.
(3) Your body NEEDS sleep. This is VERY important. No matter what, get between 8 to 10 hours of sleep EVERY DAY. Your body's sugar regulation and nerve system regeneration is helped by sleeping.
(4) Take vitamin supplements (B complex, K, iron, C, calcium, zinc are most important - try to get close to 2000% of "daily recommended amount" for B-complex, but do NOT overdo the others at all - try to stay close or under the 100% mark for those), and drink either whole or 2% milk (Skim milk makes you gain weight because your body needs the milk fat in order to digest Vitamins D and K and calcium - so without the milk fat your body never absorbs D, K and calcium - and those 3 combined burn away body fat!). Avoid all "diet" products and artificial sweeteners and diet soda and the like - only use natural sugars. Avoid all products with caffine in it.
(5) Fast for either ONE or TWO days each week, depending on how you feel. Take one day out each weekend, or take out the entire weekend and fast. Contrary to popular belief, fasting does NOT mean eating nothing - when fasting, make sure you drink at least one ore two cups of milk during each normal meal time, and take your daily vitamin supplements. If you feel like you must eat, dont force yourself to not have anything, eat something light for that meal, or eat a normal meal if you cant hold out anymore. Never force it!
(6) Drink plenty of water, juices and milk - BUT do not over do it! Alternate what you drink during the day, and follow the Atkins and Beach Body snack recommendations - eat the snacks when you are supposed to - that will ramp up your metabolism! Drinking too much of the same thing all the time will lead to a toxic poisoning, even from water!
(7) Continue with your other exercises like you normally do too - that will help accelerate the weight loss!
Okay - now some final words. What you should be looking for on a MONTHLY basis only is changes in your body shape and style. Ignore your weight entirely. When your body shape begins to change, you are losing the bad body FAT at that point - and in the meantime all along your have been toning and gaining muscles in the right places. Your weight could go up or down during a month for the first few months, and as the fat loss accelerates, you may even find the weight going back up every month as your body becomes more toned and refined. That is why I say to ignore the weight - because the weight / height charts are all false indicators. Follow your body shape and body tone only.
Good luck! Drop me a note if any questions!