TEENS: What are your eating habits?
Topic: TEENS: What are your eating habits?
April 24, 2019 / By Annabell Question:
Hi, so I have some really disordered eating patterns, and i restrict/binge quite a lot (Today I binged - 1300 cal!!!) :(
I'm wondering how 'normal' skinny teenagers eat... I'm around 90 pounds, but I'm really short... Basically, could you tell me:
1. What you ate today/in an average day
2. What are your eating 'habits'? I have a weird habit of binging when I come back from school; does anyone know how I can stop that?
3. How do I develop normal eating habits??? This is driving me crazy. I just want to live life again normally. Lol, but seriously, this obsession is horrible. How do I distract myself from thinking of food so much??
4. How do you think of food? Like when you are eating lunch or whatever, do you compare yourself/your intake to others? What If you're really skinny?
I'm so sorry that there are so many parts to this question, but I really need to know this!! Thanks :)
Best Answers: TEENS: What are your eating habits?
Winslow | 6 days ago
I'm 98 lbs (which is really skinny for my height), but I eat really healthy, a LOT of food, and I just exercise. I think you need some help, you shouldn't be this obsessed, hun! You're tiny!
1. Well, I just woke up, so all I've had is breakfast, but for breakfast I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich, yummy. In an average day, I will have a banana with peanut butter for breakfast, a grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes for lunch, and for dinner, usually a LOT of spaghetti :P
2. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I don't eat out of boredom and I don't starve myself when I think I ate too much the previous day. Sometimes you're going to eat a little more than you wanted. Just lie down for a little bit, walk around the house, and then go for a jog to work some of it off.
3. I really do think you need help. I'm wondering if you might have an eating disorder. Could you talk to your parents? If you don't feel comfortable doing that, think of all your relatives, older friends, teachers, there has to be SOMEONE! If you insist on handling this on your own, just remember you are insanely skinny and everyone eats. Eat when you are hungry. Don't worry about "Was that too many meals?" or "Was that enough meals?" YOU know your body. DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! You'll just end up gaining weight in the end. I think you think of food so much because you make yourself so hungry and you punish yourself.
4. Sure, it's normal to sometimes. I feel a little self conscious when I eat more than my friends, but then I realize I'm skinnier than them and I probably exercise more anyway! It's not too big of a deal to compare yourself to others now and then, just as long as you remember you're eating for you.
👍 180 | 👎 6
Did you like the answer? TEENS: What are your eating habits?
Share with your friends
Originally Answered: Teens: do you have healthy eating habits?
do you have 7-9 servings of fruits and veggies a day? I do not really count the servings I consume. I am not even sure of how to measure a serving, but I am a vegetarian and all my meals consist of generous portions of vegetables, fruits and grains. I am pretty sure I eat more than enough vegetables and fruits everyday.
do you have more then 1 cup of caffine (coffee, pop..etc) a day? I don't drink pop at all. I don't drink coffee very often.
Do you eat more junk food then you should? I do not eat junk food. I make my own pizzas, hamburgers and fries etc. with healthy ingredients and vegetarian alternatives to meat or meat by-products. Fast food restaurants do not serve food that appeals to me.
are you at a healthy weight? I am. The doctor weighs me and evaluates my growth once every two months because of some health problems, and right now I am doing great.
What would you like to change or improve in your eating habits? No, I think my eating habits are pretty good as they are. Most of the food I consume is home-made with fresh ingredients, has a good nutritional value and I eat normal portions of food with every meal.
1) Well its the morning, I haven't eaten yet. But yesterday for breakfast I had a sausage, egg & cheese croissant sandwich and milk. I had a chicken caesar salad with a boiled egg & low-fat string cheese with lots of water for lunch. I had diced peaches for an afterschool snack. For dinner I had grilled tilapia & spinach with water. On an average day I have 3 meals & one or two snacks, but most of the time one.
2) To stop binging when you get home from school, you should try eating a more filling or slightly larger meal at school. Because if you come home super hungry, you're not eating enough to hold you over. If you binge just to binge, try to look around your kitchen in the morning & plan what you will have after school. After school, try to stick to that plan. (: My eating habits are I tend to take at least 30 minutes to finish even the smallest of meals, I chew slowly & everything. But not purposely. & I tend to eat healthy. & People always call my portions small, but thats how much it takes to fill me up.
3) One thing you can do is find other things to occupy your mind. Eat to live, don't live to eat. Try to find things you really enjoy doing & spend time doing them cause a lot of people eat just out of boredom. Maybe you're one of them? You could also try sticking to a meal plan/using a food diary. You could use an ordinary notebook or a website like www.choosemyplate.gov
4) No I don't compare myself because everyone needs different calorie amounts & amounts of food to meet these calorie needs. I'm 5'4" & 115 lbs. People call me tiny all the time because I'm quite skinny I guess. But I'm not like all skin & bones or anything.
I really hope that I helped you!
👍 70 | 👎 2
1. Today I had mainly fruit and trail mix, with salad and rice for dinner.
2. I end up eating quite a bit at night, but not much in the day.
3. I've struggled with bulimia in the past and the best thing I know is to seek treatment.
4. Oh yes I always compare myself to others food wise, though I'm not "really skinny".
👍 65 | 👎 -2
1. I sort of was starving myself for a bit. With only dinner. Then i had only an apple. Then it became nothing. It went on for two weeks. I lost too much weight and i stopped. My friends have helped me get over it. I now eat like a pig. Im vegetarian btw
Breakfast: slice of toast
Dinner: (whateva my mum makes) veggie patty, peas, corn, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, mash
Dessert: peach and hot chocolate
Im 13 btw
👍 60 | 👎 -6
Originally Answered: What are your eating habits?
I'm kind of weird, but I write down what I'm going to eat the day before. Of course things change sometimes, but I like planning it out and seeing that I'm going to fit in lots of healthy stuff and make sure I don't overload with too many sugars or calories. I also like to eat frequently, and I don't count the calories of fruits and veggies. I'm 5'2 and 110 pounds, and 24 years old. I workout usually 6 days a week, and I spend anywhere from and hour to two hours when I workout. Sometimes I run or do an elliptical machine or a combo and usually lift some weights. When I run, I probably do about 3 miles on average, just under 30 minutes. But sometimes more or less. Sometimes I just walk up hill on the treadmill.
Here's a few examples of what my daily food menu looks like...
Breakfast-milk/cereal 180 calories
Lunch-carrots, 1/2 pb/j sandwich, yogurt 360 calories
Snack-diet soda and a plum
Dinner-1 taco and an apple 350 cal
Snack- Popsicle, 50 cal
Breakfast-oatmeal with equal/milk 200 cal
Snack: celery and rice cake 50 cal
Lunch: quesadilla/pear/diet soda 250 cal
Snack: grapes and granola bar 140
Dinner: 1 cup casserole and green beans 450 cal
I try really hard to keep my calories under 1700 in a day. Of course I have days that are no so great and I try to keep flexible. But I'm a little bit of a health nut, especially since I lost 50 pounds this past year and I am freaked out about gaining it back. I also try my best to keep desserts for the weekends and I'm learning that I don't have to have something sweet everyday. When I do eat dessert, its almost always pre-planned and I try to eat a little healthier that day at other meals.
Hope this helps, I know I'm a little bit of a health weirdo!