Originally Answered: Im am a 14 year old girl that needs a dieting plan for My first year of high school!!!!?
1. Cut high-fat, barely nutritional foods out of your diet completely. ie: donuts, fried foods, cookies, cakes, etc... This includes condiments (like mayo and butter...use mustard or seasonings instead) There's really no need to be consuming these things.
2. Eat 5-6 SMALL meals each day. Make each one high in nutritional value...it's really more like 5-6 healthy snacks per day.
Like...a hard-boiled egg and some yogurt for breakfast, a couple hours later, some almonds and an orange, a turkey sandwich and a salad (light on the dressing) for lunch, some carrot sticks between lunch and dinner, and have a healthy dinner...maybe a roasted chicken breast with asparagus.
Eating small amounts all day boosts your metabolism and helps you to not feel hungry.
3. Make snacks fruits and vegetables...carrot sticks, apples, oranges, etc... Eat as many of these as you'd like so that you don't get hungry and head for the vending machines for those Doritos ;) Nuts, Cottage Cheese, and
4. Watch your beverages!! Lots of carbs, sugar, and sodium in beverages. I've known people that have lost 20 pounds just by cutting soda pop out of their lives! Juices are ok in small amounts (lots of sugar).
5. Speaking of beverages....LOTS of water! 8-10 glasses/day should be perfect. This is a hard one for me because I don't really like water much, but you have to do it. It also flushes toxins out of your organs to help them function better and keeps your skin in good condition.
6. Allow yourself a treat now and then...maybe on Saturdays you allow yourself one luxury item...a piece of cake, a small bag of chips, etc... This will help you not feel so deprived and it will feel good if you plan it right for parties and going out with friends where you can have that slice of pizza and not have to tell everyone "I'm on a diet, I'll just have a salad".
7. You have to exercise if you want to lose weight. Just 30 minutes/day at least 3-5 days/week. Try to find something you like and just get through it. Even just walking (briskly... a leisurely stroll doesn't count..but it's still better than sitting on the couch), riding a bike, etc... You don't need fancy equipment or videos...just start moving. Turn on your stereo and dance for 30 minutes.
8. I put on about 20 pounds in 8th grade just from going out after school with friends...we'd go and get pizza, fast food, cheese curds (the worst!), and stuff like that. Watch out for these situations!! Nowadays, there are lots of healthy options at restaurants. Don't let your friends sabotage your plans!
9. Remember that carbs and fat are necessary to your diet. Without carbs, you'd have not energy, and without fat, your skin and hair would be so dry and brittle!
Don't beat yourself up for eating them, but "everything in moderation", too. Don't fall into the trap of trendy diets and/or starving yourself...that'll put you on a nightmare of a rollercoaster...look at Oprah how she struggled with her weight for YEARS and is finally just eating "healthy" and is keeping it off. Avoid her first mistakes and just eat healthy. There is no magic pill or diet...just eat healthy and exercise!
10. If you're craving something BAD, allow yourself to have it... If it's chocolate, try to substitute the craving with a small cup of chocolate pudding or a cut of chocolate milk or hot-cocoa. If that doesn't help, then allow yourself a SMALL piece of chocolate and enjoy it. Again, so you don't feel deprived and give-up the diet all-together and to avoid a binge later to fulfill the strong craving.
11. Two words: Portion control. Just because the plate or bowl is large, doesn't mean you have to fill it. If you do this (I do!), try using smaller bowls and/or plates. You should only be eating about the size of a smaller salad plate for each meal.
12. Take your time...enjoy the food. If you take more time when eating to enjoy it, you'll feel full approprately and you'll feel satisfied. Think about all the chips you've eaten just laying in front of the TV...(oh, and don't eat in front of the TV - and DON"T bring a whole bag of chips with you anywhere...pour a serving into a bowl)...you barely remember eating them before you realize 1/2 the bag is gone, right? It would have been better to sit and eat 5 chips slowly and enjoying each one.
13. Don't get discouraged when it doesn't work miracles right away. It may take a few months for your body to respond the way you want it to. 150 pounds in 6 months is a LOT of weight to lose so quickly and it probably won't happen that fast...but you could probably do it in 12-16 months. If you lose that much weight so quickly, it's not healthy, but you may also have a lot of loose skin left over because your skin didn't have time to shrink with your body. I knew a guy that lost a bunch of weight fast and his stomach skin hung down to his knees!
You're young, so your skin should be pretty elastic still, but it's something to consider. Give your body time to make such a major change. Weight lost very fast like that is rarely kept off anyway. It's not all about the pounds either...muscle weighs more than fat, so it can't be compared pound-for-pound.